Friday, May 14, 2010

Last Weekend in Virginia




Of course, the last weekend began with lots of packing. I kept bringing stuff to Virginia every time I went home. Now, it all had to go back--all at once. On Saturday morning, I met Whitney and Jake at Table Talk for a late breakfast. I like going there because it makes me feel young when I look around at most of the tables. They brought me some going away gifts. I reallyliked the "Final Four of Everything" book. I picked Chris up at the airport and we hustled back to the condo, got on the Metro and went to the Nationals game. We only missed two innings and we still saw lots of action. There were 3 home runs and the Nationals won. I wish we had been able to see Pudge Rodriguez catch. He was one of Chris's baseball idols when he was a young catcher.

On Sunday, we went out to Dulles to the Air and Space Museum. He really liked the SR71, space shuttle test module and the Enola Gay. We talked for a few minutes to a retired Air Force pilot who had over 5000 flight hours in about 6 different aircraft. That was interesting.

We were anxious to get the drive home completed so we packed the car before we left and went on the road from Dulles. There were some interesting country roads on the way to the interstate. The drive took about 8 hours and we amused ourselves for a long portion of the drive with the Final Four book. Of course, we turned it in to a competition--StrengthsFinder at work! With the distraction of figuring out the final fours of all the categories the time flew by and we were back in KY before we knew it.

It was good to sleep in my own bed. But the unpacking was awful!

No comments:

Post a Comment