Thursday, May 6, 2010

Two Days to Go

I just arrived for my second to the last day at AACP. I have started packing up my stuff. I sure have accumulated a lot! Today I am having lunch with Arlene Flynn and Whitney. Arlene is in town to move the rest of her belongings home to Chicago. It will be good to visit with her. I have missed seeing her around the office.



Today's AACP profile is Whitney. She is the first person I have ever known with two Z's in her name! When I first arrived, Whitney was my closest cubicle mate. She, along with Diane and Brad, helped me learn my way around the office and around the area. After Mike left in late September, my weekends in Virginia were pretty lonely. I appreciate that Whitney and Jake invited me to go out with them. When March Madness arrived, Jake was my basketball buddy. That worked well for Whitney too because she didn't have to watch the games with Jake if I was available. I like Jake even though he has an unfortunate connection to College of Charleston. John, Chris and Mike know the two reasons why I consider that a negative. When I returned to AACP in February, I found that Whitney had moved from her cubicle to an office down the hall. I assume it wasn't to get away from me.

Since Whitney moved out of the cubicle, I have had two new neighbors. For one month, my neighbor was Alison, an APPE student from Minnesota. I enjoyed her company and getting to know her. My current neighbor is Vickie, a new employee at AACP. Vickie is from England. I love listening to her talk with her British accent. I have given her some advice on non-prescription products and I really like the way she says "vitamins."

I will miss all of my cubicle-mates when I go home, but I will be glad to see Melody, Doug, and the lab instructor group who are my closest hall-mates back in Lexington. I hope they have turned my office back into an office from the faculty lounge they threatened to create during my absence.

1 comment: