Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Too busy to write






I've been so busy working on my manuscript that I haven't taken time out to post an entry on my blog. I also made a trip home over the weekend for the Derby festivities. Missing Derby day in Kentucky is like missing New Year's Eve in Times Square.

Mike and I had fun at Keeneland on Friday watching the Oaks and at the Andover Derby Party on Saturday. It is always fun when you pick a winner!

I thought I was ahead of schedule getting finished in Virginia and packed up for home. Now I feel like I am way behind. Today I am presenting my project for the academic affairs group. That will give me some additional feedback for improving the manuscript. I appreciate the comments of the five people who read the draft for me and gave me some good suggestions to improve and clarify the manuscript. I have read it so many times now, that I have lost any ability to look at it objectively.

Continuing my profiles of the people I have worked with at AACP, today I would like to talk about BEM. I promised I wouldn't use his name. He is another of my cubicle-mates and he is very quiet and hardworking around the office. However, it is always the quiet ones you have to look out for. I think B really works for the CIA. He is very concerned about security, keeping a low profile, and never having anything posted about him on the internet (I guess he won't like this blog entry). If I catch him coming out of a phone booth in blue tights, I will have the answer to the mystery.

No comments:

Post a Comment