Wednesday, February 24, 2010

More bad weather on the way

Well I thought I had dodged the bad weather in DC by delaying my return for a few weeks. The weather forecast for tonight and tomorrow indicates that I was not successful. Rain/snow is supposed to begin tonight and continue through tomorrow night. Depending on the temperature and how it tracks, we could get snow turning to slush or rain up to 3 inches by tomorrow night. The worse problem is the 40-50 mph winds that will accompany the storm. Because the ground is so saturated, there is concern for falling trees and power outages. I'd better locate my flashlight, candles and matches as well as a quick walk to the grocery store for some supplies. I assume people here get crazy like they do in Kentucky and the stores will be out of bread and milk tonight. As long as I can access the UK-South Carolina basketball game tomorrow night, everyone will be OK.

I'm very busy this week getting ready for the ACPE visit to West Virginia next week and getting my project back up and running during the day. I'm going to present my project to the staff here tomorrow. I hope to get some good feedback for improving the project so I can crank out the data over the next 2-4 weeks. Then I will be analyzing the data, writing and hopefully moving on to part 2 of the project. It probably won't move as fast as I would like, but I am hopeful to be working on the data for part 2 by May.

Things should be OK tomorrow morning for a blog post. If I don't post on Friday, you will know the power is out here. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment