Monday, February 22, 2010

Back to Virginia

Today is my first day back in the AACP offices. It is a strange feeling because everything is familiar but nothing is familiar. I arrived last night at Reagan at about 9:30. Whitney and Jake were kind and picked me up with my extensive luggage. We got the first look at the remodeled condo. I will try to get some pictures to post so those who have visited here can see the change. My favorite part of the renovation is the bathroom. The kitchen also had a total makeover with new appliances. I guess I need to do some cooking and take advantage of all the new stuff.

I am back at my desk this morning with some new additions. I have my Piascik family calendar--a Christmas gift from my children. It will be nice to have the pictures and to have reminders for all the family events. The transition back to work on my project should be pretty easy since I spent the last 10 days working from home. I needed to reacquaint myself with the background work I had done and to reread some of the documents. Fortunately, I was pleasantly surprised with what I had already written. It was better written and more complete than I remembered.

One of my first tasks today is to follow up with the 20 schools who have not responded to my first two requests for promotion and tenure documents. I have about 90 sets of documents already so I certainly have plenty of work to do while I am trying to gather the rest of the documents.

Two New Year's resolutions related to my sabbatical. First, I will try to write more about my project. It appears that some of my blog followers think I haven't been doing any work since I wrote mostly about things other than work. Second, I am going to eat a healthier diet and exercise more. This is my opportunity to get in better shape and lose some weight since I am eating alone and have more time for exercise. Having made this commitment publicly and in writing, I'd better follow through or it will be embarrassing.

I guess it is time to get to work. Then off to the grocery store after work to buy fruits and vegetables.

1 comment:

  1. I'm going to be checking with you about that healthier lifestyle!

    ReplyDelete