Monday, November 23, 2009

Packed and Ready to Go

I spent the weekend packing for home. There was more to do than put my clothes in the suitcase. There will be some renovations to the condo while I am gone, so I had to pack up anything I want to have available when I return and store it. I need to be sure that I take all the appropriate documents with me on a jump drive so I can continue my project in my spare time at home. It was a good warm-up for next week when I finish packing my office for the move to the new building on December 4th. I also spent Sunday editing a 60+ page manuscript. That was pretty time consuming.

It was a beautiful and quiet weekend. I have been very lucky with the weather over the last three months. Other than a few rainy weekends, the weather has been very mild. I went out to walk both days to enjoy the crisp fall air and pick up some supplies. I am out of food and don't want to buy more than I need for a meal or two. As long as I have coffee and diet soda, I can survive.

It was a good sports weekend too. The Buckeyes won easily in the biggest game of the season. Kentucky basketball was not a worry but the football game was a pleasant surprise. I felt that Georgia had all the bad luck I have seen the Wildcats suffer many times. It was good to be on the other side for a change. With a win over Tennessee next weekend, the Cats could get a really good bowl game.

This will probably be my last entry until Februrary when I come back to Virginia for the last three months of my sabbatical. My life at home is too boring to write about. I'm looking forward to Thanksgiving with John and Chris and their significant others. It will be hectic with only Wednesday to get ready. Happy holidays to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment