Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Recovering from a heart attack

Boy, did the Cats dodge a bullet last night. Fortunately, we won't play too many teams that make 15 three's. I guess we need to realize that no matter how much talent they have, they are new to each other and the system. I'm curious to hear from those who were in attendance. What was the atmosphere like?

The trip back to Virginia was uneventful as was the work day. I left a little early to get into DC for the Leadership Fellows' reception. (blue line, Largo Town Center, doors open on the right -- that was for John). I got there in time to hear some of the comments by the pharmacy organization leaders. There are two former students in this group of fellows - Donnie Woodward at Rutgers and David Burgess at Texas. I see Donnie a lot at national meetings, but I haven't seen David in many years. He was in one of my first classes. He has a full head of silver hair. I didn't want to tell anyone that I was his teacher. It makes me look very old. Please resist the urge to make the obvious comment that I am very old.

Nothing else is new around AACP headquarters. It should be a quiet week trying to get a lot finished before returning to Kentucky.

2 comments:

  1. I thought FR was actually going to die at the game. I took Weixia (visiting student from China) and she seemed to enjoy it. As an unexpected twist, they introduced a group of Chinese coaches at halftime. Lots of photos were taken.
    Because it was a possession-by-possession game, everyone in the arena was on his/her feet. Nailbiter down to the end!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this stop madison square garden....next stop 34th st. WATCH THE BACK OF THE CAR!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete