Monday, November 16, 2009

That small world thing again

I had a great weekend at home in Lexington. This was the first visit home when we stayed home the whole time and didn't have any agenda to complete. It was relaxing and the weather was beautiful. I was glad to be in town for the visitation for Patti Rutledge's daughter-in-law so that I could provide some small measure of friendship and support for her. How sad for both families to lose Lauren and so soon after the wedding.

I did not make time to go to the office and pack. I am hoping to get there over the Thanksgiving holiday. It sure was a good thing I threw away half of the paper in my office before I left in August. Otherwise, I would be on the Ryan plan - light a match and start over. I see that the server will be down for 4 days. I only wish that it included email. Wouldn't that be nice!

In the waiting area for the DC flight at the airport this morning, I met up with Sheila Botts who is here for a one day meeting in DC. I am going in to DC at 5 for a reception for the AACP Fellows group. So we are going to meet afterwards for dinner. What a coincidence. I love to have people to go out to dinner with. Most nights I eat something very boring by myself in the condo. So if any of my followers are coming to DC or know of someone else who will be in town, let me know (except maybe TSF--just kidding--not).

Still looking for two football tickets for the Tennessee game. If you know of any, let me know.

So now it is back to my project for 7 work days. Then home for two months. Can't wait to see everyone and move to the taj.

No comments:

Post a Comment