Saturday, November 7, 2009

Happy Saturday morning

I got another message yesterday--this time from my mother-- that she also reads my blog every day, so now the pressure is really on to post regularly. So, Mother (GG and G-ma), this one is for you.

I got an early start today when the garbage truck came by closely followed by the sound of an emergency vehicle probably over on Duke Street. I have already straightened up the condo and started a load of wash. Living here has made me think more positively about downsizing at some time in the future. It is so quick and easy to do the housework here. There isn't much that needs to be done in such a small space.

It will be a beautiful weekend here. The weatherman just said this will be the first sunny weekend since the first weekend of October. I should be able to get some exercise and enjoy the great weather.

Of course one of my regular tasks on Saturday is watching college football. I will be watching College Gameday this morning at 10. They are broadcasting from Colorado Springs for the Army-Air Force game. I saw some promos for the show already. It is sad to see the flag flying at half-mast in honor of those killed at Fort Hood. I don't know if Chris, Carrie, Fav and the others will be in the crowd, but I will be watching for them. Go Falcons!

I will also be keeping tabs on the Wildcats via the web audio broadcast. They play Eastern Kentucky today so it should be an easy victory. Go Wildcats! Finally, Ohio State plays Penn State at 3:30. That game is important in the Big 10. I hope OSU can find some offense. Go Buckeyes!

While all that is happening, I will be on the laptop finishing slides for a talk in December and reading the materials I need to evaluate before my trip to Wisconsin next week. So it will be a busy day.

I hope all my readers have a wonderful weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment