Wednesday, November 11, 2009

It's 35 degrees in Milwaukee

I'm just about ready to hike over to the Metro to catch my flight to Milwaukee this morning. Of course, it is raining lightly so I need to try to get myself and my rollerboard there without getting too wet. I just checked the weather in Milwaukee to be sure that I packed the right clothes. It is only 35 degree there this morning! The daytime highs will be in the 50s though.

I only remember going to Wisconsin once before--when Mike interviewed for a job there many many years ago. The campus of Concordia is on Lake Michigan so it will probably be a beautiful campus. On Friday when the visit is over, I am going home for the weekend. I'm really looking forward to that.

The news has been very interesting in DC this week. Last night they executed the DC sniper. The news coverage was somewhat unnerving. They reviewed the killings that occurred here and had interviews with family members on both sides. It was interesting to talk to people who lived here at the time and hear how afraid people were--just to go to the gas station was a major traumatic experience.

The Army psychiatrist who did the killings at Fort Hood was born and raised here in Northern Virginia so there has been more than the normal national coverage at that story also. Needless to say, the news has been depressing.

It is time to log off and get over to the Metro. I may not have another entry until Friday if I don't have internet at the hotel in Milwaukee.

No comments:

Post a Comment