Friday, November 13, 2009

Glad to be done visiting

I just finished a new school visit for ACPE. It was very interesting. It constantly amazes me that 100 schools can be doing the same basic job using the same set of criteria and yet we are all so different. It is energizing to see a group of people dedicated to starting a school from the ground up and trying hard to do it the right way.

I enjoyed visiting Milwaukee too. The weather was very mild for November. The school is on the lakefront of Lake Michigan. I forgot how big the Great Lakes are. They are definitely appropriately named. We were told that some athletes who came to town looked at Lake Michigan and asked which ocean it is. Despite all of the good things, I am glad to be finished. Yesterday was about a 16 hour work day. We started at 6:45 and got back to the hotel around 10:30PM. There was a lunch and dinner in there but they were both working meals.

I am sitting in the airport waiting for my flight. I just got settled and got the laptop out when a guy sat down across the aisle. He took out his phone, dialed a number, turned to face away from his work carrel and aimed his very loud converation directly at me. After about 10 minutes, I had enough and got up to move across the room. There were other phone conversations but none as loud as the first guy . Suddenly, I became aware of a loud crunching noise nearby. Another gentleman was chomping away on some nuts. I didn't know they could crunch that loud. Fortunately, it only lasted 5-10 minutes. It makes me wonder if they were inconsiderately loud or if I am just a little testy from the schedule of the last few days.

I'm looking forward to a relaxing weekend and then back to work at AACP for another 10 days before I head home for two months.

Oh no. The chomper just got a refill on his nuts. Gotta go!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment