Friday, February 26, 2010

TGIF

We dodged the latest snow storm. That's especially good since the piles of snow are almost gone from the big snow three weeks ago. But there has been some really high wind overnight. Hopefully the weekend weather will be good and I can get out for some exercise.

Yesterday I presented my project to the staff here to let them know what I have been doing and to get some feedback. They had some helpful suggestions that I will work on implementing today. It should make my data collection go more smoothly and be easier to manipulate at the end. The biggest issue is how to track whether schools of pharmacy count scholarship of teaching as meeting the scholarship requirement for tenure. Hopefully, the new scheme will make it easy to determine.

I have a ride to the grocery store today so I can do some cooking over the weekend. I have been craving vegetarian chili. It is healthy, filling, easy to make and there are lots of leftovers for later meals. So far my healthy eating plan is going well. It's easy to be healthy when there isn't any fattening food (or any food at all!) in your kitchen. Now I just need to solve the exercise problem.

Since Alison, the student from Minnesota, is in the same situation as I am (no family, no car), I asked her if she wants to go to the movies tonight. We are going to see Valentine's Day (a chick flick) and go out to dinner with Whitney. That will be a fun start to the weekend. I also have a lot of reading to do so I will be ready to leave for West Virginia on Tuesday morning.

I guess I'd better get to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment