Monday, March 1, 2010

A new week begins

It is Monday morning of what will be a two day work week in the AACP offices. Tomorrow I fly out for the WVU accreditation visit. It will take longer to get from the airport to Morgantown than my flight to Pittsburgh. My reward at the end of the visit is that Mike will pick me up and we will drive the 3 hours back to Virginia together. He is staying for the weekend and the forecast is in the 50s. We might actually feel warm! I spent the weekend reading the accreditation documents. Having been on the other end of the process, I know how hard a school works on the report and agonizes over every word. So, I feel it is my responsibility to read every word of the report. This can be painful.

I also had a social life this weekend. On Friday, Alison, Whitney, Jake and I had dinner at Joe Theismans and watched some Olympics. Sunday afternoon Alison and I went out to Jake and Whitneys to watch the gold medal hockey game and see their awesome home theater. We watched Sherlock Holmes--type casting for Robert Downey Jr. Whitney and Jake live by the Springfield-Franconia stop--where the blue line ends (I felt like Shel Silverstein!). It was lots of fun--way better than reading accreditation documents. It was also wonderful to have some food in the condo. Thanks to Ken Miller for the ride to Safeway on Friday. I made some vegetarian chili and had lots of leftovers to freeze for later meals.

On the work front, now that I had some input on how to improve my coding for the data in my project, I am starting to pump out the data. It is tedious but I am anxious to get this phase over. I still have 8 schools that have not responded. It is time to get tough with them. Speaking of my project, it is time to get to work. More tomorrow morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment