Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Beautiful Weather in DC

Tomorrow it is supposed to be 70 degrees here and 80 on Thursday. The cherry blossoms are starting to bloom. This weekend is the festival. Since it is Easter, the office is closed on Friday and I will be going home for a 3 day weekend. I hope the blossoms last another week so I can go in to the mall and enjoy them.

I haven't posted for a few days because I made an unexpected trip home last Friday. Friday morning Mike called me and suggested I come home for the weekend. I went on-line and bought a ticket for the direct flight at 8PM. It was a good decision. John and Brittany came over on Saturday and we all went to Sal's for dinner. I won't mention a certain sporting event that was on TV that night. After we took John and Chris off suicide watch, everything was fine. Chris went back to Colorado Springs Sunday morning for his last 2 months of college life. The next time we will see him will be graduation week and he will become a second lieutenant.

Today at work I organized my data in the excel file so I can import it into SPSS and start doing some data analysis. I also reviewed what I wrote for background and methods and started making some revisions. I'm quite anxious to see what my data reveals. I'd like to get a lot accomplished before I leave for home on Thursday night.

It is almost April and I just have one more month left of my sabbatical. In some ways, it has gone very slowly. But in other ways, it seems like I just arrived. I think I am achieving my goal of learning some new skills and have started a line of research that I can continue when I get home.

No comments:

Post a Comment