Wednesday, April 7, 2010

I've been lazy


I logged in to make a post this morning and saw that I haven't posted since the end of March. I went home on April 1st for a long weekend and I never think of posting while I am there. Friday morning I went in to my UK office to meet with Mikael Jones about communications skills lectures. I appreciate that he and Mandy plus the rotation students are going to take over those hours for this semester. It will probably result in an improved schedule for the future too. I got to see a few other people and some students. It is amazing how easy it is to just jump back into my other life when I go home.

I used my time over the weekend to catch up on some things like a haircut and some shopping. On Friday we went to opening day at Keeneland. It was crazy! I wasn't surprised to see that it was a record crowd. You could not move because there were people everywhere. The weather was so beautiful. Spring in Kentucky is very colorful and always lifts your spirits after the cold, gloomy winter weather. It has continued to be warm and sunny on my return to Virginia. There are also lots of springbreakers around right now. Of course, you can't tell any difference on the roads here because traffic is always bad. But I see a definite increase in families on the Metro headed in to DC.

For Easter Sunday, we went to John and Brittany's house. Brittany's mother, Vickie, was there too. We had a great dinner and were very impressed with the home improvements they have made.

Monday morning it was back to Virginia on the direct morning flight and straight to the office. I have spent the last two days learning the basics of SPSS and getting my data organized. I have started the analysis and I am pretty excited that I will be writing results and discussion for my first paper pretty soon. I hope to get Part 2, a survey of department chairs and faculty, up and running before I leave here. That is an ambitious goal but I hope it is doable.

Last night I had dinner with Joyce, Jennifer and Amber. They were in town for Amber's spring break. We ate at Joe Theismann's. I must say that I have been there at least 6 times and Joe has never been there to take my order. On their website, he appears to hang out there a lot. This is very misleading to customers.

I'd better get to work. SPSS awaits!

No comments:

Post a Comment