Friday, April 9, 2010

More visitors

I have been lucky this week to have lots of visitors to make the days pass quickly. I had dinner for the second time with my nieces Joyce, Jennifer and Amber on Wednesday night. We went to the Capitol City Brewing Company in Shirlington, a part of Arlington. I am starting to know how to get around in the car. Too bad I am getting good at it just in time to go home. You not only need to know where you are going. You also need to know how to avoid the most traffic. My first rule is to avoid any road that starts with an I.

On Thursday I rode the Metro in to DC at lunch time to meet my friend, Susan Jay, who moved to North Carolina a couple of years ago. Her husband Mike comes to DC occasionally to serve on NIH study section review committees. We had lunch at Chef Geoff's which is a few blocks from the White House. It was a beautiful but windy day so it was very pleasant to walk around DC. It reminded me that I only have a few weeks left here, and now that the weather is good, I need to take advantage of some more sightseeing before I go home. I think I will try to get out this weekend and see some things I haven't been to see before.

My project is going well. I am starting to feel the pressure of finishing a manuscript before I leave Virginia so I have my nose to the grindstone. I will probably work on the project with some of my weekend time. Speaking of my project, it is time to get to work. More news to come over the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment