Wednesday, April 21, 2010

I missed him


You may recall that I made a post about Joe Theismann's restaurant a while back. I was complaining that his website makes it look like he is always around, greeting diners and serving food, etc. Well, a few days ago, Rebecca, Melinda, Maureen and Lucinda came back from lunch and announced that Joe Theismann was at the restaurant and they had their picture taken with him. I demanded proof and you can see what I received. Just my luck--I missed him!

I see that I have not posted for almost a week. I guess that shows how fast the time is going as I try to finish my manuscript and prepare to come home. Most of draft is in good shape but I am really struggling with the discussion. There is a lot I want to write and it all swims around in my head without any organization to it. I'm sure it will gel in time but I don't have much time to spare.
Yesterday we had a happy hour gathering with wine and cheese. Let's add that to the PPS department agenda. I'm sure the provost would be glad to find out we served wine at a department faculty meeting. It would improve attendance I think.
After work, I met Diane, Whitney and Jake at Bonefish for dinner. I had already eaten half of my dinner in cheese so I just had appetizers. It was quite tasty. It's too bad that I am just learning my way around here in time to come home.
Today and tomorrow there are strategic planning meetings. I know it is a necessary evil, but I really don't like strategic planning.

No comments:

Post a Comment