Monday, April 26, 2010

Motherly Pride




I am struggling with my writing this morning so I thought a good avoidance behavior would be to make a blog entry. The weekend was pretty boring for me. Even though it didn't rain a lot, there was a threat of rain all weekend so I didn't do the sightseeing I had planned to do. I switched to some indoor activities--primarily shopping for a new derby outfit for next weekend. It doesn't rain inside the stores!

Since my life has been pretty boring lately, I thought I would make a post full of my motherly pride. Last Thursday, Mike and three of his friends got to have a dream golf day (see the photo). They drove to Louisville and played Valhalla. Just to show how upscale the place is, you have to have a caddie when you play there. Rough life! Then they went to Cardinal Club where John works and played some more. With his connections from working at Valhalla, John had arranged the day for them. What a great son! Mike said he encountered several people at Valhalla who found out he was John's father. They all told him what a great guy John is. I think so too.

Thursday night Chris flew into Louisville in preparation for the Derby Marathon on Saturday. He has been training since January for this. There was some rain in the morning, but for the most part, the rain held off and Chris finished in under 4 hours which was his goal. He looks pretty good in the picture for what he had just been through. Chris, John and Brittany celebrated on Fourth Street after the race. I would like to have been there, but I think I made a wise choice not to go to Louisville for the weekend. I worry less from a distance.

I guess I have procrastinated (and bragged) long enough. Back to my writing.






No comments:

Post a Comment