Thursday, April 15, 2010

Nothing going on here

I haven't posted for a few days because there hasn't been anything to report about. I've been hearing more often from my Kentucky co-workers lately and yesterday got an email from one of the upcoming rotation students for May. So my real life is slowly re-emerging and I am seeing the end of my time in Virginia. It is too bad that I am just starting to get more comfortable here right before I leave. I am very familiar with the services I need now--post office, bank, grocery, etc. I bought the Wii Fit Plus so I can do some exercising in the condo. I got my car washed yesterday (note to self: don't go to Rt 1 at 5PM on a work day).

I guess the highlight of my day was finding a new smoothie place (Tropical Smoothie is temporarily closed and it puts a damper on my consumption of fruit). When I got back to the condo parking lot, there was a pickup truck parked in the NO PARKING area. The reason it is the NO PARKING area is that I can't get into my space if there is someone parked there. So I had to park over at the office for the rest of the day.

I missed a trip to Keeneland yesterday by not being in Lexington. Mike, John and Brit went out for the afternoon and then had dinner at Malone's. To add insult to injury,they texted me pictures. My revenge was that John planned to play some Big Bass Fishing on the Wii only to discover it missing. Don't worry John. It is coming home soon.

I have meetings today and tomorrow with staff here to show them my data and get some feedback on my project. I have done quite a bit of writing already. My goal is to have a manuscript ready to submit (or already submitted) when I get home. May will be a busy month with rotation students, my on-line summer course and Chris's graduation week. So it would be best if I can submit before I get home.

It looks like a beautiful day in Alexandria, Colorado Springs, and Kentucky. Let's enjoy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment