Friday, April 23, 2010

TGIF

Today looks like a nice day but the weekend will be rainy. That is too bad because it is my last weekend in Virginia and I wanted to do some sightseeing. I thought about making a last minute trip home to support Chris when he runs the Derby Marathon tomorrow. The plane tickets start at more than $600 and the only convenient itinerary is $900. I guess I will support him from afar. It is supposed to rain or thunderstorm in Louisville. I hope it holds off till afternoon for the runners.



Yesterday I made some progress in writing the discussion of my manuscript. I have so many ideas from the related literature and my own data that it has been hard to sort it all out. It is also hard to stay on the topic and not stray into other, but related, areas. I had a conversation with a consultant who was here yesterday working with AACP on their strategic plan. In the course of the conversation, he mentioned that the BPS, Board of Pharmaceutical Specialties for you non-pharmacy types, is looking for evidence of the value of getting board certified. I mentioned that promotion and tenure documents address this issue. He was interested and is going to discuss it with the BPS folks. Maybe another collaborator!



Today should be quiet in the office. Several people are travelling--some to the ACCP meeting in Charlotte. I will try to make good use of the quiet atmosphere to get a lot of reading and writing accomplished.



Rain, rain go away.

1 comment:

  1. How was it your last weekend in VA? You don't come home until 5/10?

    ReplyDelete