Monday, March 8, 2010

beautiful weekend in DC

Spring must be on the way. Mother Nature blessed us with a preview over the weekend. The temperature hit 60 and it was beautiful. Mike was here for the weekend having met me in Morgantown in Thursday with the car. I no longer feel trapped at the condo because I can go out whenever I want--no matter how far or what the weather may be. It was great to make a trip to a big grocery store and be able to bring back as much as I wanted not just what I could carry for a mile.

On Saturday we watched the St Patrick's Day parade down King St in Alexandria. This is the earliest parade in the country. I have never seen so many men in skirts (aka kilts) at one time. Interestingly, my favorite part of the parade was the group of Bolivians (now a part of Ireland?) The music was great and the girls danced and paraded in high heels (very impressive). The costumes were very colorful and the men had knee high boots with bells that looked like jingle bells all the way up.

I watched both the men and women's basketball teams yesterday. One had a happy outcome and the other did not. The women should get a good seeding in the NCAA tournament with their outstanding season.

Today I need to get my nose to the grindstone on my project since I missed several days last week. Right now it is just a matter of plodding through the documents. It is tedious but necessary to get to the more interesting part of the project.

I have some pictures of the parade. I don't have them with me at the office so I will post them later.

No comments:

Post a Comment