Thursday, March 11, 2010

Visitors

Today there will begin a large influx of pharmacists into DC for the annual APhA meeting. For me, it means company and people to socialize with. Gayle Brazeau from Buffalo will be staying with me. When we aren't at the meeting or socializing with other faculty, we will be working on our project that is a spinoff of my sabbatical project. We are going to take the promotion and tenure documents I have collected and evaluate them for evidence of service as part of faculty evaluation for promotion and tenure.

Historically, faculty were expected to be good "citizens" by participating in college and university service and participating in professional organizations. In recent years, this concept has expanded to include the scholarship of engagement. This includes working with the community either as community service or using professional expertise for the betterment of the community. That is an oversimplification but you can get the point.

I have been forgetting to send a thank you to John and Brittany for the letter I received from them. It was fun to get a handwritten letter.

Also, thanks to Chris for correcting me. Mike and Chris will not be coming to visit next week. It is the following week, March 23-25 when they will be here.

It is almost 8AM. I need to get to work since it will be a short work day.

No comments:

Post a Comment