Monday, March 22, 2010

Almost Done

Either today or tomorrow I will finish going through promotion and tenure documents for about 100 pharmacy schools. It has taken longer than I anticipated and has sometimes been mind-numbing. The biggest problem has been finding that I didn't have all the necessary information from some of the schools. Either they didn't send me all the documents I needed or I found a reference in the documents to something else I wanted to read. Searching school websites for what I need has taken a lot of time. I'm looking forward to seeing what the data has to say.

I spent some time working over the weekend but I also spent quite a bit of time watching basketball. Both of my teams moved on (actually all three counting the Kentucky women). I'm worried about Cornell. They look awfully good. I'm counting on the Buckeyes todd put Bruce Pearl and the Volunteers in their place!

On Saturday I went out to enjoy the great weather. Somehow I ended up at the mall and bought a few spring items --earrings, shoes and tops-- since I don't have much warm weather clothing here. On Saturday night I went to a gathering at my nephew Jeremy's house in Lorton. It is always fun to visit with him, Heather, Joel and Lacy. He had invited people over from work in honor of a coworker who is deploying to Iraq for 6 months. It turns out that he and his wife are from Louisville! Once again returning to my theme of what a small world it is. I drove my car there even though it meant getting on the dreaded I-495 and 95. How is it possible for there to be so much traffic headed south on I-95 at 5PM on Saturday. I don't think I will ever complain about traffic in Lexington again.

Well, I'd better get to work and get my P&T documents finished. I'm having company tomorrow and I want to take some time off to spend with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment