Monday, September 14, 2009

Back to Work

After my travels to Colorado, I attended the Curriculum Summit in HOT Phoenix with a team from UK. It was 104 degrees during the day although it wasn't much of a problem since we were in air-conditioned meeting rooms from 8:30 to 6 each day. As usual at this type of meeting, we found that we are at the norm or ahead of the curve in many areas. But there are always thought provoking ideas on how to improve. Since our college is currently involved in preparing to move into a new building, welcoming ACPE for an accreditation visit in October and searching for a new dean, I think curriculum revision will be waiting for a little longer.

This is my first day back in the office in Alexandria. I'm glad I started here a few days early. Otherwise, it would feel like starting over again. So, it is back to my literature searching and getting my research project underway. I think my next post will talk about the differences between working at an association and a college of pharmacy.

No comments:

Post a Comment