Saturday, September 19, 2009

Boo hoo It's UK-UL football and I'm not there

I am glued to my laptop reading the morning game coverage - John Clay et al - and thinking about my friends and students already at the stadium tailgating. And if I know Frank, he is already packing everything up and heading for his seat. According to the paper, UK has a chance to do something they have never done in football (again)--beat UL for the Governor's Cup three straight times.
There are lots of sports bars around here but I don't know if anyone will be showing the game. If all else fails, I will watch on ESPN 360 on the laptop.

When UK-UL is over, I definitely want to watch UT-Florida. Normally, in this game, I don't want either team to win and try to figure out a scenario where both teams will be unhappy when the game is over. (Sorry Mikael and Mandy) But this year I am rooting for Florida. Lane Kiffen can't be too smart to have made the comments he made about the mighty Gators and give them so much time to think about it.

In any case, it is September and that means football in the SEC. What could be better? GO CATS!!!

P.S. Please note that I avoided any mention of Ohio State.

No comments:

Post a Comment