Thursday, October 8, 2009

It is hard to be a student

Yesterday afternoon and this afternoon I participated in an on-line conference about on-line teaching and learning. The sessions ran for 5-6 hours each day. The sessions were very interesting and I learned a lot about theory as well as on-line tools I didn't know about and practical tips to use them. I need to see if Jeff Cain knows about all of these things. I will be disappointed if he doesn't since he is a Web 2.0 guru.

The picture to the right shows my work area and the sign I printed out from the site to show that I was "attending" a conference. Whitney, my cubicle mate, took the picture during one of the 10 minute breaks because she thought it was funny. The sign says, "it may look like I am here but.......". As you can see, I am NOT here. I was taking a bathroom break.

My students are in big trouble now because I have lots of ideas about new things to try.

2 comments:

  1. I cannot wait to hear what you learned....See, you didn't think I was reading did you?

    ReplyDelete