Sunday, October 11, 2009

A visit to Lorton

Yesterday morning I was thinking about how to spend the three day weekend. I went over to King Street to do some errands about 9AM and while I was out, my niece Heather called. Heather, Jeremy and their children live in Lorton. They invited me to come spend the day with them. Heather picked me up and we headed to Fort Belvoir to pick up Joel, Lacy and Jeremy after Joels's tae kwon do (sp?) class. Our second stop was the grocery store on the base. Lucky me! I needed groceries and I got to shop where the prices were really good. Now I am stocked up on soup and turkey--the staples of my current diet.

Next we went to their house. I got a piano concert from Lacy, we played some games, and watched the Buckeyes beat the Badgers. I won my bet with Ken Miller, a Wisconian (Wisconsonite?), so I get lunch at Table Talk. We had tacos for dinner and I got to bring home some leftovers.

It was a great day. I forgot how much energy a 6 year old and 9 year old have. I was pretty tired when I got home so I fell asleep early. Today I need to clean up around the condo. John and Brittany have decided to leave on their vacay this afternoon so we will have the whole day tomorrow to be tourists. They should be here about midnight. I will probably need a nap today!

No comments:

Post a Comment