Monday, October 26, 2009

A visit home

The weekend started wet but ended up beautiful. I have been feeling like Jabba the Hut from too many restaurant dinners and too little exercise, so I hiked down to the Safeway store--a little over a mile--bought a few groceries, then made a few more stops to shop. I hauled it all home on foot. Things got pretty heavy before I arrived back at the condo, but it was worth it. I spent the rest of the weekend working on the computer and watching football.

My project is finally picking up steam. I have finished the pilot testing of my process and I am starting to send out requests to the remaining 108 schools for the documents I need. Hopefully, it won't be too hard to get responses. Then I just have to analyze all of the documents!

Tomorrow I am going with Lucinda Maine to visit a new school of pharmacy in Baltimore. It is a Catholic school in their first year of operation. It's always interesting to see other schools and how their programs operate. On the way back to Virginia, Lucinda will drop me off at the airport so I can catch the direct flight home.

I haven't been to work at the UKCOP since August. I'm looking forward to seeing all of my co-workers. The college accreditation visit is Wednesday and Thursday. Hopefully, all will go smoothly. I will spend the rest of my time at home finishing packing up my office for the move to the new building in December. My office moving date is December 4th--four days after I come home from Virginia. I'm glad to be in the first wave of moves but I don't have much time to get ready. Fortunately, I spent a lot of time cleaning and throwing away old files during the summer.

It's time to finish packing my carry-on bag for home and get a good night's sleep.

1 comment:

  1. you said you were going to go home to pack up your office. you are packing up your office at UK for a move? i thought you were moving your office in VA? your statement would only make sense if you were packing up your office at Uk bc that is where home is.

    ReplyDelete