Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Yes, it is October 6th and I haven't posted in almost a week. Things have been hectic as my family hit the height of the celebration season. Last week Mike and I celebrated our birthdays (celebrated is probably not accurate--bemoaned is likely to be more accurate). On Friday I flew home for the weekend, Chris flew in from Colorado Springs and John and Brittany came over from L'ville.

Friday we went out after dinner and checked out the new hotspot in our neighborhood, Drakes. It didn't seem like we were out late but when we got home it was after 1AM. That would have been OK if we weren't planning on getting up at 7AM to head to Commonwealth Stadium to tailgate before the UK-Alabama game that kicked off at 12:20. John and Brittany had four lower stadium seats on the 30 yard line with a parking pass in the blue lot right next to the stadium. So Saturday morning, John, Brittany and I packed up the car, made a quick stop at Krogers, and headed to the tailgate spot. We found a great spot and started to set up our tailgate.

Unfortunately, something went wrong with our power source, and after troubleshooting and a trip to the store by Mike and Chris to get a replacement power source, we had to give up on cooking breakfast. The family next to us let us use their grill when they finished cooking, so we did eventually get to cook burgers. Things didn't get better when the game started and UK lost to Alabama. But it is always great to be at the stadium in October. Fall weather in Lexington is great especially when the leaves change. We continued to gorge ourselves in football the rest of the weekend and enjoyed being together.

I headed back to Virginia Sunday night for my first full week by myself. I am trying to finish my literature searching, background writing and develop the methods for my project. I will write more about my project this week to satisfy those of you who think I am only on sabbatical to have fun!

1 comment:

  1. where have you been? i think i got it figured out. you havent been posting bc you havent been partying! thats got to be it. the last couple of posts had to do with work...somewhat.

    ReplyDelete